CANDLE CARE & WAX MELTS SAFETY INFORMATION
Please read the information below to ensure you get the best out of your scented Candles. Further down the page you
will find instructions on how to use our Wax Melts.
SCENTED CANDLE CARE
Yorkshire Rose Candles are very easy to care for, light and enjoy. When you receive your candle, trim the wick so that about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch (about 3-6mm) of wick is exposed above the wax. Place on a non flammable surface such as glass, tiles or a purpose made candle tray. Light and enjoy.
After your candle has been burning for a couple of hours (less for the smaller candles), extinguish the candle and leave to cool. Before re-lighting, trim off the end of the wick and relight. Do this if the flame ever becomes too large.
If your candle becomes dusty, you can clean it using a very damp paper towel or an unscented baby wipe. Always wipe away any dust before lighting.
Please follow these safety rules below to ensure safe and trouble free candle use.
- Always burn candles on a heat resistant surface.
- The glass jars of container candles will become hot during use. Never touch a burning container candle.
- Be especially careful with night lights and tea lights, which get hot enough to melt plastic.
- TVs are not fire-resistant objects.
- Keep your candles away from flammable surfaces. Don’t put candles near curtains or other fabrics – or furniture.
- Keep all candles away from draughts. Draughts can cause the flame to spark and may ignite nearby objects.
- Don’t put candles under shelves. It’s easy to forget that there’s a lot of heat above a burning candle. If you put your candle under a shelf or other surface then it can burn the surface. Make sure there’s at least three feet (one meter) between a candle and any surface above it.
- Keep clothes and hair away. If there’s any chance you could lean across a candle and forget it’s there, put it somewhere else. You don’t want to set fire to your clothes or your hair.
- Keep children and pets away. Ensure your candles are out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep candles apart. Leave at least four inches (10cm) between two burning candles.
- Never move candles when they’re burning. Extinguish candles and leave to cool before moving them.
- Keep candles clean. Don’t let anything fall into the hot wax like match sticks.
- Don’t leave candles burning unattended. Extinguish candles before you leave a room. Never go to sleep with a candle still burning. And never leave a burning candle or oil burner in a child’s bedroom.
- Use a snuffer or a spoon to put them out. It’s safer than blowing them out, which can send sparks and hot wax flying.
- Double-check candles are extinguished. Candles that have been put out can go on smouldering and start a fire. Make sure they’re completely out.